Women are complex, taking time and effort to understand. Despite their lucrative spending power and increased influence in buying decisions, women consistently feel misunderstood by marketers. In fact, 91% of women feel advertisers do not understand them. As a health and wellness marketer, you should pay attention to, and take the initiative and effort to better understand women and how to market to them. Here are 4 reasons why:
1. Women are on the Web and They’re Looking for Health Information.
- 9 out of 10 women seek health information on the web.
- 64% of women online research information regarding prescription drugs.
- 72% of women use the Internet for gathering health information.
2. Ladies Love to Share.
- 33% of women with a health condition go online to find other women like them for advice.
- 64% of moms ask other mothers for advice before they purchase a new product and 63% of all mothers surveyed consider other moms the most credible experts when they have questions.
- 92% of women pass along information about deals or finds to others.
3. Women Take Action.
- Women are responsible for 90% of health care decisions.
- 75% of women identified themselves as the primary shoppers for their households.
- Women control 85% of all purchasing decisions, and purchase over 50% of traditional male products, including cars, home improvement products and electronics.
4. Now Let’s Talk Money – Women are the Buyers in Today’s Market.
- Women control $7 trillion in consumer and business spending in the United States.
- 51% of U.S. private wealth is controlled by women.
- Women account for 58% of all total online spending.
- Over the next decade women will control two-thirds of consumer wealth.
- Women account for over 50% of all stock ownership in the United States.
- 22% of women shop online at least once a day.
Learn more ways to reach HER.