Pinterest is revolutionizing the way users categorize and visually represent information. It is taking the social media world by storm, and marketers are scrambling to not only understand but successfully engage in this site! Here are few stats about Pinterest that will leave you – as healthcare marketers – eager to learn more.
- Pinterest hit 10 million unique monthly views faster than any site in U.S. history
- On average each time a person visits the site they spend 58.8 minutes “pinning” while Facebook has an average visit time of 12.1 minutes.
- Nearly 1/3 of of all Pinterest users have an annual household income of $100K+
- Almost 70% are female (keep in mind, females control 90% of all household healthcare decisions)
- The largest demographic on the site are between 25-34
- 50% of Pinterest users have children
Whether you’d like to simply have a Pinterest page for your brand like EmpowHER, or you are creating full-blown marketing campaigns like Kotex – the stats speak for themselves and warrant marketers to take a closer look at this visually captivating site.